Thursday, March 20, 2014

Have you spoken to your child about masturbation?

It might sound like a provocative title to this blog entry, but it isn't. It shouldn't need to be written about. It should be obvious. I don't necessarily agree with all the points in this article but it's a very important conversation to be had. When I grew up I thought that I was the only person in the world that masturbated. I thought I was sick. I felt a burden of guilt so heavy each and every time I went there. I also walked around with a great sense of shame.
All I probably needed was one 5 minute conversation with a parent or teacher/Rabbi to help me understand what I was experiencing and it would have saved me years of guilt, shame and confusion.
My guess is that many of the readers have experienced this on some level.
Let me know your thoughts.

Forward article about masturbation

2 comments:

  1. I can totally relate with this and i too was SO upset when i found out how normal it was and how OKAY i was even with this. I don't know how anybody could have approached it in an appropriate way, but then again, with SO MUCH that kids should know growing up and with the NEED for personal guidance which is lacking, i guess if the whole system was different, something could have been done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings for men Gay & Bisexual in the world ...

    I am Indonesian people. 27 years.
    interested in gay Adult, above my age.
    good & positive thinking.
    I am an Asian, hoping to find gay with fidelity.

    friendship is not a problem,
    introductions and tell each other about their respective cultures.
    I welcome.
    but, I like to chat politely.

    I hope you're looking for a private equally well.
    sex will not be eternal.
    physical nor immortal, because you will be old. skin will wrinkle.
    love is more valuable than just sex.

    delighted if one day we can love each respective culture.
    can accept their shortcomings.
    encourage each other.
    the world would be wonderful, if we can respect each other and share others.


    My best regards,
    Phone: +6285664600785
    WeChat: gaybelitong
    email: palatmerah@gmail.com
    fb; www.facebook.com / bujank.kimpat

    ReplyDelete